- Reactive Extension Release and 6 part video series. : The Reactive Extensions (Rx) is a library for composing asynchronous and event-based programs using observable sequences and LINQ-style query operator.
- Choosing right collection in .Net : This article explains the data structures ( collections ) available in .NET and how to choose right collection .
- Articles on parallel programming with .NET framework 4. : .NET 4 introduces number of new API/collection to help developer take advantage of cpu hardware resource using parallel programming technique. This link gives whitepapers published by Microsoft on these technologies.
- Silverlight spy : Silverlight Spy is a runtime inspector tool providing unprecedented access to all aspects of any Silverlight in-browser, out-of-browser and Windows Phone 7 application. Explore the UI element tree, monitor events, extract XAML, interactively execute DLR code, view statistics and more.
- http://beej.us/guide/ : Unix IPC, Gnu Debugger, Networking
- Functional Programming: A Pragmatic Introduction : This presentation talks about advantages of functional programming over OO . Good presentation with examples in java. It shows how functional decomposition will help in solving programming task elegantly.
Visual Studio lightswitch is part of visual studio family of tools which allows to simpler way of creating business applications for the desktop and the cloud.
As the logo of VS lightswitch say’s coding is optional. You can develop compelling business application without or with very little coding.
Visual Studio LightSwitch is designed to simplify and shorten the development of typical forms-over-data business applications.
Most business applications needs to implement CRUD operations on some data stored in database. Also most of the developer time will be spent on ,
- Writing code to interact with a data source.
- Creating a User Interface.
- Writing code to specify the business logic.
With LightSwitch, you can use databases which are automatically created or point to an existing data source without the need to write code. To help with the User Interface, LightSwitch provides Screens that are based on predefined templates and display data automatically by simply specifying which elements you want to show
More information use the following resources
As software developer we relie on tools/technologies to to develop software with sound architecture and fewer defects.
Here are some of the free tools which assist in achiving the same .